Friday, August 1, 2014

AUGUST SHOP OF THE MONTH!

Our August shop of the month is PYKNIC2!
Congrats on being featured!

Please explain a little about your shop and what items you sell & what inspired you in your product design?
 I would like to welcome everyone to my "jewelry box" of edgy and a little quirky jewelry pieces for girls and guys. With my photography background, I tried to give my PYKNIC2 shop an edgy overall feel to match my jewelry designs. That was not easy, and it took me over 6 months to "get it right" BEFORE I even opened my shop! Since jewelry is one of the most competitive categories (which I didn't know when I started )..I try to incorporate pieces that are a little different from others so I have a chance for a 
sale!


Have you had a positive sellers experience on Etsy?
Oh YES!!! I never dreamed I would "meet" and talk to customers and shop owners from all over the world! My shop has been open almost one year and I've made some wonderful etsy friends! Everyone on etsy has been supportive and helpful and I couldn't have been as successful without the help of all my teams that I joined! 


What are your goals short & long term?
Well, I have weekly and a first year sales goal that I did exceed...BUT it was much harder to achieve than I thought it would be!! It was slow going at first, and I wished I had researched the social media upfront and had that all in place BEFORE I opened up my shop. I learned you can have the most wonderful shop and items, but if no one sees your shop, you can't make a sale!! Helpful hint: I keep my weekly goals taped to my computer screen so I'm forced to keep on track each week. 


What kind of space do you create in?
 Nothing fancy, I like my big dining room table to spread out the pieces I'm working on. I try to keep the area not too cluttered, otherwise I get overwhelmed with the mess!!


Where are you located?
 I live and work in the southern tier of New York. We get tons of snow during the winter, so I have no excuse not to work on my jewelry projects!! 


Do you ship internationally?
Yes, I would say 25% of my sales are international. Etsy makes it so easy to ship overseas and I've had good luck so far with packages arriving safely.


How did you come up with your shop name?
 I have some friends who own the PYKNIC tee shirt company and I sold wholesale jewelry pieces to them for a couple of years. When I wanted to expand my design line onto Etsy, I loved their name and expanded on it and the PYKNIC company wished me well on my new journey!


Please name one of your favorite fellow Team Serenity shops.
This is really a hard one because there are so many shops that I like and support on our team. I'm going to pick Marie from www.etsy.com/shop/SavonMarie. We were partners in the Etsy school for new shop owners last fall that team Serenity sponsored and we became fast friends!

Please list all your social media sites below:
 this is an ongoing project...but here's the list so far:

PYKNIC2 website: www.pyknic2.etsy.com


Thank you to Sandy for answering these questions! Please check out her shop & show some love!!













2 comments:

  1. Shared on social media! Such a wonderful shop! PLease share and lets all help her get her shop out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feature! I love your jewelry!

    ReplyDelete